Planning a Perennial Garden
Planning is an essential part of having a perennial garden. Gardens that are not planned usually have no direction and often are a jumble of color.
When planning a garden consider the flowing factors;
- Will your perennial garden have a formal or informal style
- What are the existing soil conditions
- Is the area wet or dry
- How much sun does the area receive per day.
- Does your garden receive full sun, part shade or is it heavily shaded
- What flower colors, textures, fragrances, and plant forms do you like
- What is the preferred angle of view for your perennial garden
Once all the factors are considered, then it is time to lay out your garden on paper.